Juggle

By:  Ada Z.

     
     My Aunt, Dad, Grandfather & Grandmother.  The Juggling Jacksons
  

          Whenever I try to think of a word for the letter J, the first word I think of is Juggle.  The main reason for that is my family.  My grandfather, grandmother, dad, and aunt were a part of the Juggling Jacksons.  They would travel around to different towns and perform in circuses and variety shows.  They are revered as one of the great juggling acts of their time and even highlighted in a Juggling Museum.  

        Lucky for me, my dad encouraged me to learn how to juggle as well.  He would take my sisters and I to a nearby park and have us practice with the incentive of $5.00 if we could juggle to 100.  I was deteremined to get that $5.00 so eventually I achieved that goal and I can still juggle to this day.  

          My children get a kick out of my ability to juggle and like to have me juggle random objects around the house.  

         Being a mom to three children, I find myself constantly juggling, not only balls and clubs, but juggling our daily lives as well.  Every day there is something to do.  I have to be able to keep a schedule and make sure we make it to activities or playdates with their friends.  

        When we began our podcast I thought to myself, how could I possibly manage another responsibility?  How much time are we going to have to dedicate to it?  When would we record our shows?  When will I have time to edit the shows and promote them?

        I received the answers to those questions immediately.  The day that we recorded our very first episode, I knew that it wasn't something that I would have to force myself to do.  We had so much fun doing it that it didn't seem like a chore.  Even editing the podcast was fun because I would get to relive it all over again. 

        Juggling my day-to-day tasks along with the podcast has been easy.  It doesn't feel like work.  You know that you've found something you love when you make time for it and it feels easy.  If something feels forced, then you know that it is not what you were meant to do.  The question is...What are you going to do about it?

Comments

  1. How can we not think of juggle when we hear the letter "J"? And your metaphor is so true. We all are jugglers in one way or another. Life is one big juggling act.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juggling Jacksons cool to see the old/young pics :)
    Juggling is in our day to day life..funnily i wrote about it too today

    Dropping by from a to z http://afshan-shaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun to come across a fellow juggler, and I really enjoyed this post. Your family background in juggling is so cool.

    In the 2012 Challenge my J was for Juggling: https://www.dpfinnie.com/2012/04/blogging-from-to-z-challenge-j.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really fantastic! Love stories like this. For me I'd have to pay someone to teach me to juggle!

    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side | A to Z of Conspiracy Theories

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment