Niche

 By:  Ada Z.


        Everyone in the podcast world keeps telling me that we need to find our niche.  That we need to speak to a specific audience about a specific subject.  

        When we first started talking about the idea of our podcast, we wrote down over hundred topics that we wanted to cover.  Those topics were about so many different types of things.  We tried and tried to think of our ideal audience and what we would talk to them about but no matter how much we tried, we couldn't find just one area to focus on.  We wanted to reach a wide range of people and talk about whatever we wanted.  

        So, we decided to talk about whatever we wanted and, you know what, it's fun!  It may not reach a large audience right now and we may be harder to find when people search for topics to listen to but, we didn't want to limit ourselves.  

        It's definitely important to hone in on a special skill that you possess and perfect that skill.  And it may be smart to find a niche in life, however, there has to be more to us than one special skill or, in our case, one topic.  

        I couldn't imagine only talking about one topic all of the time.  I have so much to say about so many different things.  But that's just me.  

        What about you?  Do you focus on the same subject for all of your blogs or do you talk about whatever you want?  Have you ever thought about starting a podcast?  If you did, what would your podcast be about?


Opinion Piece Podcast ➡️ https://linktr.ee/OpinionPiecePodcast

Comments

  1. Never thought starting a podcast but I appreciate ur efforts - I think talking whatever comes to u is a great start -- then dealing poopular topics can help too. Good luck

    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started my blog as a niche blog about Halloween, but then got rather bored and felt too constrained by the one topic. The whole point of my blog has been to toss out different ideas for discussion. I'd much rather keep variety. That's what I'd do with a podcast as well.

    Niche can be nice, but variety is the spice of life.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment