Silence

 By:  Ada Z.

        Over the past couple of years, during the pandemic, shutdowns, and unrest I found myself wanting to be anything but silent.  A fire rose up inside me because I had so many feelings about everything that was going on.  Feelings about things getting political that should have never been political.  People getting angry at you for having a differing opinion.  Family and friends writing you off completely because you didn't believe what they believed.

        I could have stayed silent in my beliefs to make others happy but silence is acceptance.  Instead of staying silent, it drove us to start our podcast, Opinion Piece.

        Although we don't always talk about controversial subjects, we wanted an outlet where we could speak our minds to people who wanted to see the other side of things.  We didn't want to sit idly by accepting all of the things that the government or mainstream media was telling us.

       When you have a strong belief about something or you have questions you want to be answered, it is imperative that you speak up and have discussions.  This podcast was our way to speak from our hearts and ask questions.  

       








   

Comments

  1. I tend to shy away from controversy, though there are times I want to let everyone have it between the eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment