United

 By:  Ada Z.

        As I've mentioned in past blog posts, my goal when starting our podcast was to bring a sense of peace to people so that they didn't feel like they are alone in their beliefs.  I wanted to bring people together and form a united front.

        I believe that as humans, it is important for us to be united in our beliefs.  When I say that I don't necessarily think that we should all believe the exact same things but I think we need to be united in the fact that we are allowed to have basic human rights and follow the same principles.  

        Unite against those who wish to cause harm to others; The law breakers and the wrong-doers.  

        Unite against those who politicize serious matters; where politics should never come into play.

        Unite against hypocrisy.

        Unite against censorship.

        Unite against government overreach.

        If we can stand united on these principles rather than politics maybe we could actually get somewhere.  Why do we politicize everything?  

        If I believe that Twitter should allow free speech (with the exception of violence), why am I automatically labeled right wing?  If I believe that we should have basic health care for all Americans, why am I a leftist extremist?  What kind of world do we live in where we can't condemn all forms of rioting and looting?  Whether it comes from the right or left, it's wrong either way.  

        Does no one see the stupidity in any of this?  Can we ban together to form one United front for the greater good?  Or is this too much to ask?  Am I being naive to think that we could come someday find a middle ground?  What do you think?     





        

        

  

        

Comments

  1. It can be very difficult to unite diverse peoples especially when things are politicized as you say. We live in very divided times.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment