Years to Come

By:  Ada Z.

        When I was a teenager I used to look at people in their 40s and 50s as if they were basically on their death bed.  At 40 people were old and if they hadn't done anything with their life at that point, they might as well give up and accept where they were at.  

        My tune has certainly changed as the years wore on and as I am approaching my 40th birthday.  I wish I would have known how great I would feel at 40.  It feels like I just graduated high school and my whole life is ahead of me.

        We should celebrate aging instead of stigmatizing it.  Young kids seem to think that if they don't have it all figured out by the time they're 30, then their life is over.  We may have more wrinkles but with them comes wisdom.  

    There is so much more I have to do in the years to come!

         

Comments

  1. I'm 66 and still feel like I just graduated high school.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment